Not A Member?
Camp all year with a Thousand Trails Camping Pass! Join Now
Tahoe Valley Campground1175 Melba Dr, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150 view map
- Open Dates: Open Year Round
- Number of Sites: 439
- Reservations (Member): 1-800-388-7788
- Reservations (Non-member): 1-877-570-2267
- Ranger Station: 530-541-2222
Sunny shores & snowy summits at a Lake Tahoe RV park
Experience the luxury of RV camping or the excitement of tent camping at Tahoe Valley RV Resort. Surrounded by the breathtaking beauty of towering pines and mountain vistas, this Lake Tahoe RV resort offers something for everyone. Enjoy amenities including a swimming pool, playground, tennis courts, horseshoe pits, volleyball, fishing and laundry facilities, to name a few. Enjoy the natural surroundings on the nearby beaches or strolling along the river. When you've finished exploring the great outdoors of Lake Tahoe, take a trip off site to the casinos of Stateline, Nevada. Book your next camping trip with Tahoe Valley RV Resort!
Burn Ban - Tahoe Valley
There is currently an area fire ban in effect until November 2022. No briquets or open flames are allowed. Gas fueled grills are permitted.
- Swimming Pool
- Pets Welcome
- Nature / Hiking Trails
- Restroom/Shower Facilities
- Laundry Facilities
- Picnic/BBQ Area
- Dog Park
- WiFi $$
Cabin (Sleeps 4/No Pets)
Nestled among the tall pines, this charming cabin is perfect for a weekend away or a weeklong retreat near beautiful Lake Tahoe. You will enjoy relaxing on the front porch after a busy day on the lake. Inside you will find a queen bed, bunk bed, and a full bath with shower. The convenient kitchen nook does not have a stove but includes all of the basics for a vacation getaway: a fold-down dinette, coffeemaker, microwave, mini refrigerator, and sink. Linens are included.
Cottage (Sleeps 6/No Pets)
These cottages are great for larger families. They have a separate bedroom with queen island bed, full-size sofa sleeper, 2 bunks, and full bath with shower-bath, toilet, and sink.
Cottage - Wheelchair Friendly (Sleeps 4/No Pets)
Our wheelchair friendly cottage is great for a small family. It has a separate bedroom with queen island bed and a full-size sofa sleeper. Counters in the kitchen and bath are lower for easy access via wheelchair. The fully-equipped bath contains an ADA shower.
Whether you're planning a retreat for the whole family, a group of friends or a getaway for two, there's no shortage of unique activities to explore at Tahoe Valley Campground. Plan activities upon arrival or visit this page before your departure to plan ahead. Looking for more? Our friendly staff can fill you in on all of the great ways to make your stay a memorable experience. Our activities change weekly; a current schedule will be at the front desk.
We currently offer the following activities:
- Children's Playground
- Swimming pool
- Ping Pong
- Movie Nights
- Kids Crafts
- Candy Bingo
- Ice Cream Socials
- Pancake Breakfast
- Card/game nights
General Policies and Guidelines
VIEW MORE GUIDELINES HERE (PDF)
Check-in/Check-out & Hours
- Campsite check-in: 12 noon
- Campsite check-out: 11 a.m.
- Rental check-in: 4 p.m.
- Rental check-out: 11 a.m.
- Guests aged 12 years and under at the time of check-in are considered children.
- A completed Reservations for Minors form is required for all unaccompanied minors. Download the PDF form here.
- Pets are allowed at all sites except cabins and cottages. See more here.
After Hours Arrival
- For late arrival arrangements, please contact our Reservation Department at (877) 864-2728.
Reservations & Payments
- To make changes to your reservation, please call our Reservation Department at (877) 864-2728 and specify that you booked your reservation online.
- Your credit card will be charged Itinerary Total prior to arrival, up to a maximum deposit of one night rack rate. Any remaining balance is due prior to arrival.
- Prices and site type are subject to availability.
- The rates displayed do not include any applicable service fees or charges for optional incidentals.
- By using a credit card for a deposit, guarantee or payment, you agree to the following: If I used a credit card for a deposit, guarantee or payment, I authorize MHC Property Management L.P. to charge any expenses incurred during my stay to that credit card or apply funds you have on deposit with MHC Property Management L.P. against what I owe.
Cancellations & Refunds
- In the case of multiple sites booked, cancellation penalties apply to each site that is cancelled or changed.
- No refunds will be issued for early check-out.
- RV campsites: We allow full refunds for cancellations up to 2 days prior to your arrival date for daily and weekly reservations.
- Rental accommodations: We allow full refunds for cancellation 7 days prior to your arrival date for daily and weekly reservations.
- Daily and weekly reservations: For cancellations received less than the required notice period prior to arrival, your deposit will be forfeited up to one night rack rate.
- Extended stays: For long-term reservations (28 days or longer), we allow full refunds for cancellations up to 60 days prior to your arrival date. For cancellations received less than the required notice period prior to arrival, the deposit amount will be held on account for a future stay.