Mountain RV Campground in California
Ponderosa RV Campground is conveniently located in the foothills of the Sierras at the South Fork of the American River, the most popular whitewater river in the United States. Guests of this RV camp in California enjoy fishing, rafting, swimming, kayaking, sunbathing and panning for gold, all within a few miles of the campground. On site, a gleaming swimming pool, bocci ball, horseshoes and a clubhouse make for relaxing pastimes at Ponderosa RV Campground in California.
Don't miss out on local attractions of the Sierra foothills. Award-winning wineries, casinos, skiing and numerous golf courses are just a short distance away.
One weekend of Ponderosa RV Campground is all it will take to ensure you return time and time again. Book your trip today and secure your campsite!
- Swimming Pool
- RV Storage
- Pets Welcome
- Nature / Hiking Trails
- Restroom/Shower Facilities
- Picnic/BBQ Area
- Billiards/Game Room
- Bocci Ball
Whether you're planning a retreat for the whole family, a group of friends or a getaway for two, there's no shortage of unique activities to explore at Ponderosa RV Resort. Plan activities upon arrival or visit this page before your departure to plan ahead. Looking for more? Our friendly staff can fill you in on all of the great ways to make your stay a memorable experience.
- Activities Center
- Arts & Crafts
- Bocci Ball
- Creative arts and crafts classes and projects
- Activities Director
- Bingo/Card Playing
- Children's Playground
- Children's Programs ($)
- Hiking Club
- Planned Activities
- Stream Fishing
- Weekly Potlucks
Bathroom Closure at Ponderosa
B-section bathrooms are going to be closed for renovation starting June 25th, 2023. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Ponderosa Pool Closure
Due to unforeseen circumstances and necessary repairs, our pool is closed. We deeply regret any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your understanding. (Posted 7/14/23)
General Policies & Information
General Policies & Information
- Policies subject to change without notice.
- Limited Site Availability: Please note that due to damage from storms and flooding, we have closed sections D, E, F, and H through May 23, 2024. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to return these sites to full usability. (posted 5/3/23)
Check-in/Check-out & Hours
- Campsite check-in: 12 noon
- Rental check-in: 4 p.m.
- Campsite check-out: 12 noon
- Rental check-out: 11 a.m.
- Upon check-in you may be asked to provide a valid ID, and a certificate of insurance and registration for your camper. Members should also have their membership card on hand.
- Guests aged 17 years and under at the time of check-in are considered children.
- A completed Reservations for Minors form is required for all unaccompanied minors. Download this PDF form: http://www.rvonthego.com/images/PDF/Reservations-For-Minors061917.pdf.
After Hours Arrival
- If your plans change and you need to arrive outside of normal business hours, please refer to your confirmed reservation information.
Reservation & Payment Policy
- Your credit card will be charged Itinerary Total prior to arrival, up to a maximum deposit of one night rack rate. Any remaining balance is due prior to arrival.
- Prices and site type are subject to availability.
- The rates displayed do not include any applicable service fees or charges for optional incidentals.
- RV sites and lodging typically accommodate four guests. A guest fee is added per day to the reservation rate for each additional guest over four.
Cancellations & Refunds
- In the case of multiple sites booked, cancellation penalties apply to each site that is cancelled or changed.
- No refunds will be issued for early check-out.
- RV campsites: We allow full refunds for cancellations up to 2 days prior to your arrival date for daily and weekly reservations.
- Rental accommodations: We allow full refunds for cancellations 7 days prior to your arrival date for daily and weekly reservations.
- Daily and weekly reservations: For cancellations received less than the required notice period prior to arrival, your deposit will be forfeited up to one night rack rate.
- Extended stays: For long-term reservations (28 days or longer), we allow full refunds for cancellations up to 60 days prior to your arrival date. For cancellations received less than the required notice period prior to arrival, the deposit amount will be held on account for a future stay.
- Pets are allowed. Read the entire Pet Policy here.
Campground Services & Information
- Tent sites are approximately 20' x 20' and cannot accommodate extra large tents. If you require extra tent space, please book a Water and Electric site.
Enjoy year-round camping in the great outdoors at Thousand Trails’ network of campgrounds, with spacious campsites, hiking trails, fishing, and family fun.