MHC Property Management LP. (hereinafter the "Company", "we" "us" or "our") is committed to safeguarding your privacy online. Please read the following policy to understand how your personal information will be treated as you access our various websites, e-mails, social media or mobile applications (hereinafter "sites"). This policy may change from time to time, so please check back periodically.
This policy will let you know:
- 1. What personally identifiable information is collected from you;
- 2. What cookies are and how they are used;
- 3. Who is collecting your information;
- 4. How your information is used;
- 5. With whom your information may be shared;
- 6. What choices are available to you regarding collection, use, and distribution of your information;
- 7. How we protect children's privacy;
- 8. Our policy regarding the use of images;
- 9. What you should know before uploading your own content
- 10. Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA") Notice
1. What personally identifiable information is collected from you
We collect information about you and from you in various different ways when you interact with our sites. As one example, some personal information is collected when you register on our sites, at which time we may ask you for your name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, and other information that we find helpful in order to provide our customers with the very best service we can.
In addition to registration, we may ask you for personal information at other times, including (but not limited to) when you make a reservation or take advantage of the other features of the sites. For example, if you pay for a reservation with a credit card, we would collect the account number in order to process the payment. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
2. What cookies are and how they are used
Cookies are also placed by other third parties, such as companies that track, measure and analyze various aspects of our website activity in order to help us customize and improve the website experience for visitors to our sites, and to provide other third parties with information about visitors to our sites to help optimize their marketing efforts.
You have choices with respect to cookies. By modifying your browser preferences, you have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies. If you choose to reject all cookies, you will be unable to use those services of our sites that require registration in order to participate. These services include auto-completion in of the logon form, the ability to book reservations, and potentially other features of our sites. However, you can still use some features of our sites even if you do not accept cookies. Our sites may also collect IP addresses which can be used to correlate a cookie with your specific computer or device.
Please also note that you can opt out of our advertising service provider(s) and other companies' tracking cookies by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance located at http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ or the Network Advertising Initiative located at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/
3. Who is collecting your information
When you are asked for personal information on our sites, you are sharing that information with MHC Property Management LP. and its affiliates, unless it is specifically stated otherwise.
We also work with third-party companies that use their tracking technologies (including cookies and pixel tags) on our websites in order to provide tailored advertisements on our behalf and on behalf of other advertisers across the Internet. These companies may collect information about your activity on our sites and your interaction with our advertising and other communications and use this information to determine which ads you see on third-party websites and applications. For more information about this practice and to understand your options, including how to opt out of receiving these tailored advertisements, please visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (NAI’s) consumer opt-out page, located at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/.
4. How your information is used
The primary goal of our sites in collecting personal information is to provide you, the user, with a customized and optimized experience and to assist you in communications and completing transactions with us.
From time to time, we may allow third-party advertising networks to collect and use your information to show you targeted ads (including our ads) on our sites or on other sites. This typically involves the ad network collecting and tracking certain technical information (such as your IP address) and website usage information (such as your browsing history) on our sites and across many other sites on the web. However, this does NOT involve the collection, use, or sharing of your personal contact information, such as your name or e-mail address. You can opt-out from this type of third-party tracking at any time by going to http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp
With respect to security, when we receive certain types of sensitive information such as financial information, we redirect visitors to a secure server. We have reasonable security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information that we have collected from you on our site.
5. With whom your information may be shared
As a general rule, we will not disclose any of your personally identifiable information except as set forth below.
We may share information about you within the MHC Property Management LP. family of companies in order to better serve you and to offer you products and services. We are permitted by law to share with our affiliates identification information, such as your name and address, and facts about your transactions and experiences with us (such as your payment history and other transactions on your accounts with us). Unless you otherwise request, we may also share all of the other information we collect with our affiliates. You may request that we not share this other information with our affiliates by following the procedure explained below in What choices are available to you regarding collection, use, and distribution of your information. We will implement your request within a reasonable time after we receive it.
We may share your information (including personal contact information about you) as set forth below.
- With agents and contractors who help us run our sites or perform other services on our behalf (e.g., e-mail delivery, mailing list management, analysis, optimization services, etc.) These companies are only allowed to access and use your information for the specific task they've been hired to do and are required to keep your information confidential and secure.
- For legal-related purposes (if necessary), including disclosures in connection with a lawsuit or legal investigation, court order, governmental inquiry, enforcement of legal rights (e.g., contract terms, intellectual property rights, etc.), fraud investigation, safety issue, or other similar matter.
We are permitted by law to share all the information we collect, as described above: (1) with companies that perform marketing services on our behalf, and (2) with other nonaffiliated third parties such as third parties that assist us with processing or collecting payments on your account. Please be advised that the preferences you express as described below will not apply to the sharing of information with these third parties.
Unless you request otherwise, we may share all the information we collect, as described above, with additional types of nonaffiliated third parties, such as firms that offer products and services of interest to our customers. In connection therewith:
- If you supply us with your e-mail address, you may receive periodic e-mails from us regarding products or services or upcoming events we think you might find interesting. In addition, from time to time, we make our e-mail list available to other reputable organizations whose products or services we think you might find interesting.
- If you supply us with your postal address, you may receive periodic mailings from us with information regarding products or services or upcoming events we think you might find interesting. In addition, from time to time, we make our customer mailing list available to other reputable organizations whose products or services we think you might find interesting.
- If you supply us with your telephone number, you may receive telephone contact from us with information on new products or services or upcoming events we think you might find interesting.
If you do not wish to receive such e-mails, mailings or telephone calls, you may request that we not share nonpublic personal information about you with nonaffiliated third parties by following the procedure explained below in What choices are available to you regarding collection, use, and distribution of your information. We will implement your request within a reasonable time after we receive it.
We may also disclose account information in special cases when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be violating the Terms and Conditions or Access Agreement of our sites or may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) our rights or property, users of our sites, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities. We may disclose or access account information when we believe in good faith that the law requires it and for administrative and other purposes that we deem necessary to maintain, service, and improve our products and services.
6. What choices are available to you regarding collection, use, and distribution of your information
If you choose not to register or provide personal information, you can still use most of our sites, but you will not be able to access areas or use features that require registration.
You may also tell us your preferences by:
- Sending an e-mail to email@example.com
- Calling us toll free at 877-570-2267
- Writing us at MHC Property Management LP., Two North Riverside Plaza, Suite 800, Chicago, IL 60606, Attn: Privacy
When you contact us, please be prepared to provide the following information for each individual:
- First name, middle initial and last name
- Address, city, state and zip code
- Telephone number (if applicable)
- E-mail address (if applicable)
7. How we protect children's privacy
Our sites are general audience sites. Children should always ask a parent for permission before sending personal information to anyone online. We do not intentionally collect or share personal information about users under the age of 13. In addition, we will not send any direct e-mail offers to users who indicate they are under the age of 13.
8. Our policy regarding the use of images
All images and/or pictures of properties featured on our sites are our property, and any unauthorized reproduction, appropriation, or distribution of the aforementioned images and/or pictures is prohibited.
9. What you should know before uploading your own content
If you upload your own content to our sites or via social media, such as comments, reviews, photos, or videos of your stay at one of our properties, you should note that this content will be accessible by the public at large, and not just by us. Therefore, you should never upload any content to which you do not want others to have access. It's also important that you only upload content that is not identifiable to you personally, such as your e-mail or postal addresses, phone number, names of your children, etc. You should not upload photos or videos that include people that you do not know and/or don't have their permission to use.
Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) Notice
If you believe any material available via this website infringes a copyright you own or control, you may file a notification of such infringement with our Designated Agent as set forth below.
- MHC Property Management LP.
- Two North Riverside Plaza, Suite 800
- Chicago, IL 60606
- Attention: DMCA Designated Agent
Please see 17 U.S.C. §512(c)(3) for the requirements of a proper notification. You should note that if you knowingly misrepresent in your notification that the material or activity is infringing, you will be liable for any damages, including costs and attorneys' fees, incurred by us or the alleged infringer as the result of our relying upon such misrepresentation in removing or disabling access to the material or activity claimed to be infringing.
If a notice of copyright infringement has been filed against material posted by you on the website, you may make a counter-notification with our Designated Agent listed above, provided that such counter-notification complies with the requirements of 17 U.S.C. §512(g)(3). If we receive a valid counter-notification, it may reinstate the removed or disabled material in accordance with the DMCA.