Not A Member?
Camp all year with a Thousand Trails Camping Pass! Join Now
Whispering Pines Campground2791 Highway 24, Newport, NC 28570 view map
- Open Dates: Open Year Round
- Number of Sites: 235
A quaint park near Bogue Sound, nestled among the North Carolina pines.
Whispering Pines Campground is right down the road from Morehead City and Emerald Isle, and just a short drive away from Atlantic Beach and Beaufort.
We are open year-round and welcome nightly, weekly, monthly, and seasonal (year-round) rentals.
We offer about 190 full hook-up sites, all 30 amp or higher with cable, and many pull-thru. Most sites have access to free high-speed wireless internet.
See Our Virtual TourVirtual Tour
- Swimming Pool
- Near Beach
- RV Storage
- Pets Welcome
- Restroom/Shower Facilities
- Laundry Facilities
- Boat Ramp
- Picnic/BBQ Area
- Dog Park
- WiFi $$
Whether you're planning a retreat for the whole family, a group of friends or a getaway for two, there's no shortage of unique activities to explore at Whispering Pines Campground. Plan activities upon arrival or visit this page before your departure to plan ahead. Looking for more? Our friendly staff can fill you in on all of the great ways to make your stay a memorable experience.
We currently offer the following activities:
- Children’s Playground
- Movie Night
- Fishing Tournament
- Potluck Dinners
Back to School "Pig Pickin'"
Starts: 08/15/2020 - Ends: 08/15/2020
We will supply the pigs; you bring a side dish! Volunteers are needed for cooking. Dinner will be served at 5pm.
Kid???s Pinfish Tournament
Starts: 08/22/2020 - Ends: 08/22/2020
Hosted by Waterway RV Resort!
A sign up sheet will be in the Whispering Pines Office with directions to Waterway RV Resort. BYOFP! (Bring Your Own Fishing Poles!)
Fishing begins at 11am. Enjoy Hot Dog lunch at 12pm. Awards Ceremony begins at 1pm!
Taste of Italy Dinner
Starts: 08/29/2020 - Ends: 08/29/2020
Join us for an Italian dinner in the Community Building at 4pm! Bring your favorite Italian dish! We will supply the salad, bread, and drinks.
Less Work, More Play Labor Day Celebration
Starts: 09/05/2020 - Ends: 09/05/2020
Join us for a BBQ/Chicken dinner, catered by Smithfield's BBQ at 5pm! Dance the night away to Crystal Coast Band at the Community Building at 7pm!
End Of Season Cook Off
Starts: 09/19/2020 - Ends: 09/19/2020
Sign Up in the Office to participate in the Wings & Ribs Cook Off & Awards! Grill masters welcome! Guests should bring a side dish to go with wings and ribs, please!
Halloween Monster Mash
Starts: 10/31/2020 - Ends: 10/31/2020
Kid's Pumpkin Carving in the Community at 11am! Please bring your own pumpkin. Our Camper to Camper Trick or Treat starts at 3pm. Wear your best halloween costume to the Kid's Costume Contest in the Community Building at 5pm!
- Check-in: 2 p.m.
- Check-out: 1 p.m.
- Minimum Check-in age is 18 years old.
- Guests aged 12 years old and under at the time of check in are considered children.
- Pets are allowed.
- The rates displayed do not include any applicable service fees, charges for optional incidentals.
- For late arrival arrangements, please contact our Reservation Department at (866) 839-2628.
Reservation & Payment Policies:
- Your credit card will be charged Itinerary Total prior to arrival, up to a maximum deposit of $250. Any remaining balance will be due upon arrival.
- If you cancel your reservation 14 or more days prior to arrival, you will be charged a $25 administrative fee.
- If you cancel your reservation within 14 days of arrival, you will forfeit your deposit; up to a maximum of $250.
- A refundable $10 cash deposit for gate cards will be required at check in. If you do not have cash, a $25 fee will be charged for not returning gate cards upon departure.
- In the case of multiple sites booked, cancellation penalties apply to each site that is cancelled or changed.
- Prices and site type are subject to availability.
- No refunds will be issued for early check out.
- Displayed rates and package prices are subject to change.
- Site assignments cannot be guaranteed.
- If I used a credit card for a deposit, guarantee or payment, I authorize MHC Property Management L.P. to charge any expenses incurred during my stay to that credit card or apply funds you have on deposit with us against what I owe.
- WiFi available from Jabba Communications for a fee.