Not A Member?
Camp all year with a Thousand Trails Camping Pass! Join Now
Southern Comfort RV Resort1501 South Airport Drive, Weslaco, TX 78596 view map
- Open Dates: Open Year Round
- Number of Sites: 403
- Reservations (Member): 1-800-388-7788
- Reservations (Non-member): 1-877-570-2267
- Ranger Station: 956-968-3140
- Age Qualified
Enjoy the hospitality of this RV resort in Rio Grande Valley
When looking for an RV resort in the Rio Grande Valley, make Southern Comfort RV Resort your destination for fun in the sun! We offer top notch hospitality and a lively program of activities and social events. This beautiful Rio Grande Valley RV resort is a great place to stay to take in sunny days and magnificent starry nights. You’ll have wonderful options in local attractions in the area and amenities at the resort.
Featuring waterfront sites, WiFi, a business center and laundry facilities, the convenience of Southern Comfort RV Resort can’t be beat. Enjoy activities such as our swimming pool and hot tub, fitness center and shuffleboard, or go for a hike along our nature trails, where you can appreciate all the beauty of the Rio Grande Valley.
See Our Virtual TourVirtual Tour
- Swimming Pool
- Whirlpool/Spa/Hot Tub
- RV Storage
- Pets Welcome
- Restroom/Shower Facilities
- Laundry Facilities
- Billiards/Game Room
- Business Center
- Bocci Ball
- Private Mailbox/Mail Center
385 sq. ft.: These park model cottages are the perfect home away. The bedroom holds a large mirrored closet and a queen-size bed. In the 3-piece bath is a bathtub/shower. The spacious kitchen is furnished with a full-sized refrigerator, electric stove, oven, microwave, coffee maker, dinnerware, and cookware. In the living/dining area is a sofa, 19 " flat screen TV, and a dining table that seats 4.
Whether you're planning a retreat for a group of friends or a getaway for two, there's no shortage of unique activities to explore at Southern Comfort RV Resort. Plan activities upon arrival or visit this page before your departure to plan ahead. Looking for more? Our friendly staff can fill you in on all of the great ways to make your stay a memorable experience.
We currently offer the following activities:
- Activities Director
- Arts & Crafts
- Bingo/Card Playing
- Wood Carving
- Church Service
- Computer Club
- Wood Shop
- Dance Hall with Stage
- Men/Women Exercise Classes
- Planned Activities
- Weekly Dances
- Weekly Potlucks
- Activities Center
- Guided Tours
- Sightseeing Tours
- Red Hat Society
- Craft Shop
- Line Dancing
- Jam Sessions
- Card Table
General Policies & Information
- Policies subject to change without notice.
Check-in/Check-out & Hours
- Check-in: 3 p.m.
- Check-out: 11 a.m.
- Minimum check-in age is 55 years.
After Hours Arrival
- For late arrival arrangements, please contact the campground at (956) 968-3140 prior to arrival.
Reservation & Rates
- Mandatory two night reservations required for weekends and 3 nights for holidays.
- Single night midweek campsite reservations may be booked.
- Prices and site type are subject to availability.
- The rates displayed do not include any applicable service fees or charges for optional incidentals.
- To make changes to your reservation please call our Reservation Department at (877) 864-2728 and specify that you booked your reservation online.
Deposit and Payment Schedule
- By using a credit card for a deposit, guarantee or payment, you agree to the following: if I used a credit card for a deposit, guarantee or payment, I authorize MHC Property Management L.P. to charge any expenses incurred during my stay to that credit card or apply funds you have on deposit with MHC Property Management L.P. against what I owe.
- Your credit card will be charged a deposit of one night rack rate. Any remaining balance is due prior to arrival.
- For all stays of one month or longer, a one month deposit up to a maximum deposit of $750 is required at the time of reservation. See below for information about remaining balances.
- Balance due on reservation start date.
2 to 6 Months
- 50% of balance is due on reservation start date.
- Final balance due on 1st day of 2nd month of reservation.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- In the case of multiple sites booked, cancellation penalties apply to each site that is cancelled or changed.
- No refunds will be issued for early check-out.
- RV campsites: We allow full refunds for cancellations up to 2 days prior to your arrival date for daily and weekly reservations.
- Rental accommodations: We allow full refunds for cancellations 7 days prior to your arrival date for daily and weekly reservations.
- Daily and weekly reservations: for cancellations received less than the required notice period prior to arrival, your deposit will be forfeited up to one night rack rate.
- Extended stays: For long-term reservations (28 days or longer), we allow full refunds for cancellations up to 60 days prior to your arrival date. For cancellations received less than the required notice period prior to arrival, the deposit amount will be held on account for a future stay.
- Pets are allowed and welcomed with a $50 deposit.
Campground Services & Information
- For rental reservations less than 90 days, call the resort for availability at (956) 968-3140.
- Rates are based on 2 persons.
- Electricity is additional.
- Utility fees will be assessed in accordance with current metering and fee collection standards.
- No tent sites.
- Free WiFi is available in event hall only.
- WiFi is available in all sites for a fee from third party provider.