Not A Member?
Camp all year with a Thousand Trails Camping Pass! Join Now
Sunshine RV Resort1900 Grace Ave, Harlingen, TX 78550-3530 view map
- Open Dates: Open Year Round
- Number of Sites: 1027
- Reservations (Member): 1-800-388-7788
- Reservations (Non-member): 1-877-570-2267
- Ranger Station: 956-428-4137
RV resort in Rio Grande Valley minutes from the Gulf of Mexico
Looking for breathtaking beauty combined with incredible resort amenities? Sunshine RV Resort is located in the heart of the Rio Grande Valley, and offers extensive recreational opportunities and superb hospitality. Just minutes from the Gulf of Mexico, the area features an outstanding climate with a relaxed and friendly way of life. Fascinating historic sites, natural wonders and cultural attractions are all within a short distance of Sunshine Campground.
This beautiful and newly expanded Texas RV resort awaits your arrival. Enjoy the fantastic weather, exciting activities and a terrific social lifestyle at Sunshine RV Resort. Let us show you why we're one of the most desirable Texas RV resorts!
See Our Virtual TourVirtual Tour
- Swimming Pool
- Whirlpool/Spa/Hot Tub
- Fitness Center
- RV Storage
- Pets Welcome
- Restroom/Shower Facilities
- Laundry Facilities
- Waterfront sites
- Billiards/Game Room
- Business Center
- Private Mailbox/Mail Center
Whether you're planning a retreat for a group of friends or a getaway for two, there's no shortage of unique activities to explore at Sunshine RV Resort. Plan activities upon arrival or visit this page before your departure to plan ahead. Looking for more? Our friendly staff can fill you in on all of the great ways to make your stay a memorable experience.
We currently offer the following activities:
- Arts & Crafts
- Bingo/Card Playing
- Ceramics - Wood Carving
- Church Service
- Co-ed Water Aerobics
- Computer Club
- Craft Shop Wood Shop
- Creative arts and crafts classes and projects
- Dance Hall with Stage
- Jam Sessions
- Planned Activities
- Square, Line, Round & Ballroom Dancing
- Weekly Dances
- Weekly Potlucks
- Ballroom Dancing
- Guided Tours
- Live Entertainment
- Sightseeing Tours
General Policies & Information
- Policies subject to change without notice.
Check-in/Check-out & Hours
- Check-in: 3 p.m.
- Check-out: 11 a.m.
- Minimum check-in age is 55 years.
- Guests aged 18 years and under at the time of check-in are considered children.
After Hours Arrival
- For late arrival arrangements, please contact the campground at (956) 428-4137 prior to arrival.
Reservations & Rates
- Mandatory two night reservations required for weekends and 3 nights for holidays.
- Single night midweek campsite reservations may be booked.
- Prices and site type are subject to availability.
- The rates displayed do not include any applicable service fees or charges for optional incidentals.
- To make changes to your reservation please call our Reservation Department at (877) 864-2728 and specify that you booked your reservation online.
Deposit and Payment Schedule
- By using a credit card for a deposit, guarantee or payment, you agree to the following: if I used a credit card for a deposit, guarantee or payment, I authorize MHC Property Management L.P. to charge any expenses incurred during my stay to that credit card or apply funds you have on deposit with MHC Property Management L.P. against what I owe.
- Your credit card will be charged a deposit of one night rack rate. Any remaining balance is due prior to arrival.
- For all stays of one month or longer, a one month deposit up to a maximum deposit of $750 is required at the time of reservation. See below for information about remaining balances.
- Balance due on reservation start date.
2 to 6 Months
- 50% of balance is due on reservation start date.
- Final balance due on 1st day of 2nd month of reservation.
Cancellations & Refunds
- In the case of multiple sites booked, cancellation penalties apply to each site that is cancelled or changed.
- No refunds will be issued for early check-out.
- RV campsites: We allow full refunds for cancellations up to 2 days prior to your arrival date for daily and weekly reservations.
- Rental accommodations: We allow full refunds for cancellations 7 days prior to your arrival date for daily and weekly reservations.
- Daily and weekly reservations: for cancellations received less than the required notice period prior to arrival, your deposit will be forfeited up to one night rack rate.
- Extended stays: For long-term reservations (28 days or longer), we allow full refunds for cancellations up to 60 days prior to your arrival date. For cancellations received less than the required notice period prior to arrival, the deposit amount will be held on account for a future stay.
- Pets are allowed.
Campground Services & Information
- Rates are based on 2 persons.
- Electricity is additional.
- Utility fees will be assessed in accordance with current metering and fee collection standards.
- No tent sites.