Not A Member?
Camp all year with a Thousand Trails Camping Pass! Join Now
Tropic Winds RV Resort1501 N. Loop 499, Harlingen, TX 78550 view map
- Open Dates: Open Year Round
- Number of Sites: 531
- Reservations (Member): 1-800-388-7788
- Reservations (Non-member): 1-877-570-2267
- Ranger Station: 956-423-4020
- Age Qualified
Age-Qualified RV Resort in Texas
Make Tropic Winds RV Resort your home away from home in Texas! Located in the city of Harlingen, we're an age-qualified RV community offering an abundance of resort-style amenities. What's more, Tropic Winds is located just an hour from South Padre Island, where you can enjoy 19 miles of beautiful beaches, fishing, boating, water skiing and more.
Enjoy Texas RV camping any time of year at Tropic Winds RV Resort! Whether you're looking for an escape from the winter cold or just want to get away from it all, we're open year round for all of your vacationing needs.
- Swimming Pool
- Whirlpool/Spa/Hot Tub
- Fitness Center
- RV Storage
- Pets Welcome
- Restroom/Shower Facilities
- Laundry Facilities
- Picnic/BBQ Area
- Billiards/Game Room
- Business Center
- Bocci Ball
- Dog Park
- Cable TV
Cottage (400 sq. ft./Pet Friendly)
These one bedroom rentals are fully furnished with a queen size bed, full size kitchen appliances, a dinette table, cookware, glassware, silverware, and microwave. There is a convenient sleeper sofa for guests as well as spacious closets and cabinet space. Rental includes linens, towels, cable TV and some utilities. Phone, Internet, and electricity are not included.
Pets are allowed with a pet deposit.
Whether you're planning a retreat for a group of friends or a getaway for two, there's no shortage of unique activities to explore at Tropic Winds RV Resort. Plan activities upon arrival or visit this page before your departure to plan ahead. Looking for more? Our friendly staff can fill you in on all of the great ways to make your stay a memorable experience.
We currently offer the following activities:
- Activities Director
- Arts & Crafts
- Bingo/Card Playing
- Wood Carving
- Dance Hall with Stage
- Square, Line, Round & Ballroom Dancing
- Weekly Potlucks
- Exercise Classes
- Water Aerobics
- Activities Office
- Dance Lessons
- Garden Club
- Non-Denominational Church Services
- Water Volleyball
- Weekly Dances & Concerts
- Woodshop Club
- Encore Games
- Workshop Club
- RC Track
General Policies & Information
- Policies subject to change without notice.
Check-in/Check-out & Hours
- Check-in: 11 a.m.
- Check-out: 11 a.m.
- Minimum check-in age is 55 years.
- Guests aged 18 years and under at the time of check-in are considered children.
After Hours Arrival
- If your plans change and you need to arrive outside of normal business hours, please refer to your confirmed reservation information. Or, contact the campground at (956) 423-4020 prior to arrival to make late arrival arrangements.
Reservations & Rates
- Mandatory two night reservations required for weekends and 3 nights for holidays.
- Single night midweek campsite reservations may be booked.
- Prices and site type are subject to availability.
- The rates displayed do not include any applicable service fees or charges for optional incidentals.
- To make changes to your reservation please call our Reservation Department at (877) 864-2728 and specify that you booked your reservation online.
Deposit and Payment Schedule
- By using a credit card for a deposit, guarantee or payment, you agree to the following: if I used a credit card for a deposit, guarantee or payment, I authorize MHC Property Management L.P. to charge any expenses incurred during my stay to that credit card or apply funds you have on deposit with MHC Property Management L.P. against what I owe.
- Your credit card will be charged a deposit of one night rack rate. Any remaining balance is due prior to arrival.
- For all stays of one month or longer, a one month deposit up to a maximum deposit of $750 is required at the time of reservation. See below for information about remaining balances.
- Balance due on reservation start date.
2 to 6 Months
- 50% of balance is due on reservation start date.
- Final balance due on 1st day of 2nd month of reservation.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- In the case of multiple sites booked, cancellation penalties apply to each site that is cancelled or changed.
- No refunds will be issued for early check-out.
- RV campsites: We allow full refunds for cancellations up to 2 days prior to your arrival date for daily and weekly reservations.
- Rental accommodations: We allow full refunds for cancellations 7 days prior to your arrival date for daily and weekly reservations.
- Daily and weekly reservations: for cancellations received less than the required notice period prior to arrival, your deposit will be forfeited up to one night rack rate.
- Extended stays: For long-term reservations (28 days or longer), we allow full refunds for cancellations up to 60 days prior to your arrival date. For cancellations received less than the required notice period prior to arrival, the deposit amount will be held on account for a future stay.
- Pets are allowed.
Campground Services & Information
- Rates are based on 2 persons.
- Electricity is additional.
- Utility fees will be assessed in accordance with current metering and fee collection standards.
- No tent sites.