Not A Member?
Camp all year with a Thousand Trails Camping Pass! Join Now
Tranquil Timbers Camping Resort3668 Grondin Rd., Sturgeon Bay, WI 54235 view map
- Open Dates: 05/01 - 10/17
- Number of Sites: 276
- Reservations (Member): 1-800-388-7788
- Reservations (Non-member): 1-877-570-2267
- Ranger Station: 920-743-7115
Door County’s Tranquil Timbers Campground
Schedule a vacation to remember when you book a trip to Tranquil Timbers RV Resort in Door County, Wisconsin. Experience the uniqueness that is Door County from this peaceful campground. Tranquil Timbers RV Resort offers a serene place to relax, enjoy nature and just have fun. We are located on a 75-mile long peninsula known as one of the nation's premier vacation destinations with five state parks and 10 lighthouses.
Tranquil Timbers RV Resort offers campers more than 250 spacious RV sites. No RV? Rent one of our park models, cabins or yurts. This Wisconsin RV campground also offers amenities and conveniences like a general store, laundry facility, heated swimming pool, mini golf, cart rentals, wireless Internet service, planned activities and more. The surrounding area of Door County offers over 250 miles of Lake Michigan shoreline that allows for year round fishing for walleye, small mouth bass, giant northern pike, brook trout and rainbow trout.
Nearly 50 acres of natural beauty, a warm and welcoming staff and plenty of activities are waiting for you at Tranquil Timbers RV Resort. Come see why we're the perfect place to start and end a Door County camping trip!
See Our Virtual TourVirtual Tour
- Bike Trails
- Swimming Pool
- Pets Welcome
- Nature / Hiking Trails
- Mini Golf
- Laundry Facilities
- Picnic/BBQ Area
- Billiards/Game Room
Cabin - Deluxe (Sleeps 6/Pet Friendly)
The deluxe cabins are an upscale version of the sleeping cabins, and sleep 6 people with a full bed in a separate bedroom and a full sofa sleeper and two twin beds in the loft. In the well-equipped kitchen is a stovetop (no oven), microwave, refrigerator and all of the conveniences of home. The deluxe cabins are in wooded areas. Towels not provided.
Cabin - Sleeping (Sleeps 6/Pet Friendly)
These 2-room log sleeping cabins sleep up to 6 people. In one room is a full bed and small refrigerator; in the other are 2 sets of bunk beds. The sleeping cabins are on wooded sites. near bath/shower facilities . Linens not provided.
Cottage (Sleeps 4/No Pets)
Our cottages offer luxury camping in the fullest sense of the word. They comfortably sleep 4 and include a private bedroom, a full bath, and kitchen equipped with modern conveniences. In the living area, a comfy sleeper sofa opens to a double bed.
Cottage - Deluxe (Sleeps 5/No Pets)
Our deluxe cottage has a covered screened in porch and 2 bedrooms. One bedroom contains a queen bed and the other a pyramid bunk: double bed on bottom and single bed on top. The large kitchen has all the comforts of home including a full-size refrigerator, stove with oven and microwave. In addition to a pull-out sofa, the living/dining room includesa table that seats 4. Full bath includes a shower/tub.
Duplex (Sleeps 4/No Pets)
The duplex single is two rentals in one and perfect for groups who want to be close but not share space. These studio cottages (one on each end) each sleep 2 adults and 2 children. Inside is cozy and comfortable. This dorm style room offers a full size bed and sofa sleeper. It contains a convenient full bath. In the kitchenette is a sink, toaster, mini refrigerator, and microwave. The duplex is located on wooded sites. Outside is a shady porch, picnic table, and a fire pit.
Yurt (Sleeps 5/No Pets)
The 16' diam. yurt rentals sleep up to 5 people and include one traditional set of bunk beds and one set with double bed on bottom and twin over top. Located on sites PL12 and PL14, the yurts are near bath facilities on beautiful wooded sites. Size approximate to Tranquil Timbers sleeping cabins. Linens not provided.
Whether you're planning a retreat for the whole family, a group of friends or a getaway for two, there's no shortage of unique activities to explore at Tranquil Timbers Camping Resort. Plan activities upon arrival or visit this page before your departure to plan ahead. Looking for more? Our friendly staff can fill you in on all of the great ways to make your stay a memorable experience.
We currently offer the following activities:
- Activities Director
- Arts & Crafts
- Bingo/Card Playing
- Children's Playground
- Jam Sessions
- Kids Activities
- Live Entertainment
- Mini Golf
- Planned Activities
- Volleyball Court
- Sand Badminton
General Policies & Information
Check-in/Check-out & Hours
- Rental check-in: 3 p.m.
- Rental check-out: 11 a.m.
- RV check-in: 12 noon
- RV check-out: 11 a.m.
- Minimum check-in age is 18 years.
- Guests aged 17 years and under at the time of check-in are considered children.
- Early check-ins are subject to availability; please call ahead to confirm your site is available.
- Late check-outs will be charged $10 for every 30 minutes, unless pre-approved by management.
After Hours Check-in
- For our guests arriving after office hours, please call ahead with an estimated time of arrival and to make arrangements.
Reservations & Payments
- Please verify your arrival and departure dates at check-in. You are responsible for all nights reserved.
- Rates do not include any applicable service fees or charges for optional incidentals.
- A (2) two night minimum stay is required for all rentals, (3) nights on holiday weekends.
- By using a credit card for a deposit, guarantee or payment, you authorize MHC Property Management L.P. to charge any expenses incurred during your stay to that credit card or apply funds you have on deposit with MHC Property Management L.P. against what you owe.
- Your credit card will be charged Itinerary Total prior to arrival, up to a maximum deposit of one night rack rate. Any remaining balance will be due on arrival.
- Prices and site type availability are subject to availability.
- Displayed rates and package prices are subject to change.
- We accept reservations up to one year in advance and rates may be subject to change.
- In order to expedite the check-in process, all reservations are to be prepaid in full within 7 days from the date of the booking.
- Reservations not secured/prepaid by check or credit/debit card will automatically be cancelled after 7 days from the date of the booking.
- Please note, when making reservations online, you will be contacted in order to secure payment.
- Online reservations are not guaranteed until paid in full.
Cancellations & Refunds
- No refunds will be issued for early check-out.
- Camping is an outdoor experience, therefore we do not give refunds due to the discomforts of weather or nature. Please enjoy your stay!
- In the case of multiple sites booked, cancellation penalties apply to each site that is cancelled or changed.
- RV campsites: We allow full refunds for cancellations up to 2 days prior to your arrival date for daily and weekly reservations.
- Rental accommodations: We allow full refunds for cancellations 7 days prior to your arrival date for daily and weekly reservations.
- Daily and weekly reservations: For cancellations received less than the required notice period prior to arrival, your deposit will be forfeited up to one night rack rate.
- Extended stays: For long-term reservations (28 days or longer), we allow full refunds for cancellations up to 60 days prior to your arrival date. For cancellations received less than the required notice period prior to arrival, the deposit amount will be held on account for a future stay.
- Pets are allowed.
Campground Services & Information
- For information or to make Reservations please contact us at (800) 986-2267 or (920) 743-7115.
- Please note we do our best to honor all site requests. However, in rare situations we may need to change your site due to unforeseen circumstances.
- All weekends/activities are subject to change. Please check our website for current updates.
- Our goal is to provide you, our guest, with the highest quality recreation experience Door County has to offer. Please let us know immediately of any concerns regarding your site or our facilities and service.