Not A Member?
Camp all year with a Thousand Trails Camping Pass! Join Now
Lake Whitney RV Campground417 Thousand Trails Dr, Whitney, TX 76692 view map
- Open Dates: Open Year Round
- Number of Sites: 268
- Reservations (Member): 1-800-388-7788
- Reservations (Non-member): 1-888-481-6348
- Ranger Station: 254-694-4269
- Zone: Southeast
Lake Whitney RV Camp in Texas
Enjoy nature at its best when you visit Lake Whitney RV Campground. Located amid the rolling hills of central Texas, this RV park boasts 408 acres and 250 campsites. Set up camp in the shade, at a pull-thru site by the pool, or near our family center complex. No matter where you camp, you'll be able to hike, boat, swim or take part in any of our many activities. Don't forget about horseback riding! Equestrian trails with breathtaking views of Lake Whitney are our top attraction.
Lake Whitney RV Camping Resort invites you to visit, relax and rediscover nature. Our crystal clear lake, attractive campsites and wonderful staff will have you planning a return visit in no time!
Pardon Our Dust - Upgrades at Lake Whitney
Great news! From May 24 - July 16, 2021, we are upgrading our electrical system. While we work on the upgrade, you may experience electrical, telephone, and Internet outages. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
See Our Virtual TourVirtual Tour
- Swimming Pool
- Whirlpool/Spa/Hot Tub
- Fitness Center
- RV Storage
- Pets Welcome
- Nature / Hiking Trails
- Mini Golf
- Restroom/Shower Facilities
- Laundry Facilities
- Picnic/BBQ Area
- Tennis Courts
- Billiards/Game Room
- Dog Park
- Horse Trails
- Cable TV
- WiFi Hotspot
Cabin (Sleeps 4)
This cabin houses both a queen size bed and a bunk bed in one room. In the kitchenette is a sink, mini refrigerator, microwave oven, toaster, coffee maker, and all the essential kitchen utensils. The full size bathroom has a stand-up shower. Having also a dinette table with 4 chairs, a 32" HD satellite TV. This cabin offers all the comforts of home. The cabin is air conditioned and heated. Outside a propane gas grill, picnic table, and a porch, extends the living space to the outdoors.
Cabin (Sleeps 6/No Pets)
This cabin has 2 bedrooms. One bedroom contains a HD satellite TV and queen-size bed; the second has bunk beds. In the kitchen is a sink, full size refrigerator, microwave oven, toaster, coffee maker, two burner electric stove top (no oven), and all the essential kitchen utensils. The full size bathroom has a tub/shower. Along with a sofa bed, the living area has a table that seats 6 and a HD satellite TV. The cabin is air conditioned and heated. Outside a propane gas grill and a picnic table. No pets in this cabin, please.
TT Cabin - Bedroom (Sleeps 5/No Pets)
These cabins sleep 5 people. They include a pyramid style bunk (double on bottom; single on top) along with a double sleeper sofa in living area. Each cabin has a TV with Dish Network, heat/AC & ceiling fan. Kitchens include pots, pans, dishes, utensils, coffee maker, toaster, microwave, stove top, refrigerator, dish soap, & paper products. Please note these rentals do not have ovens. Outside is a propane gass BBQ grill. Linens for 5 are provided.
No pets permitted in these cabins. Although we do not allow pets in these rentals, we do allow service animals and a service animal may have stayed in the cabin.
TT Cabin - Bedroom (Sleeps 5/Pet Friendly)
These cabins sleep 5 people. In the bedroom is a bunk-style bed (double on bottom/single on top). In the living area is a two-person futon. The convenient bathroom and galley style kitchen offer all of the comforts of home (oven not included). Linens included for double bed.
Pets welcome in some rentals for additional fee. Call for pet availability.
Whether you're planning a retreat for the whole family, a group of friends or a getaway for two, there's no shortage of unique activities to explore at Lake Whitney RV Campground. Plan activities upon arrival or visit this page before your departure to plan ahead. Looking for more? Our friendly staff can fill you in on all of the great ways to make your stay a memorable experience.
We currently offer the following activities:
- Activities Center
- Activities Director
- Arts & Crafts
- Bingo/Card Playing
- Card Room
- Children's Playground
- Mini Golf
- Planned Activities
- Weekly Potlucks
- Disc Golf
- Tether Ball
- Jumbo Checkers
- Billiard Soccer
- Gaga Ball
Policies & General Information:
- RV Check-in: 12 noon
- RV Check-out: 11 a.m.
- Cabin Check-in: 4 p.m.
- Cabin Check-out: 11 a.m.
- Upon check-in you may be asked to provide a valid ID, and a certificate of insurance and registration for your camper. Members should also have their membership card on hand.
- Minimum Check-in age is 21 years old.
- Guests aged 21 years old and under at the time of check-in are considered children.
- Pets are allowed.
- The rates displayed do not include any applicable service fees or charges for optional incidentals.
- For late arrival arrangements, please contact our Reservation Department at (877) 864-2728.
- To make changes to your reservation, please call our Reservation Department at (877) 864-2728 and specify that you booked your reservation online.
- WiFi hotspot is in the Family Center, Lodge, and Activity Center.
- Cable TV (Cabins, Lodge, and Activity Center only).
- Wood fires not permitted.
- 50amp sites are charged an additional $3 per night.
- Due to extreme heat and drought conditions boat ramp access and resort activities may be limited. Contact the property direct for up to date conditions.
Reservation & Payment Policies:
- Your credit card will be charged one night rack rate prior to arrival.
- Balance due on reservation start date.
- Prices and site type are subject to availability.
- If I used a credit card for a deposit, guarantee or payment, I authorize MHC Property Management L.P. to charge any expenses incurred during my stay to that credit card or apply funds you have on deposit with us against what I owe.
Cancellation and Refund Policies:
Prior to Mary 28,2021
- If a RV/Tent site reservation is cancelled at least 2 days prior to arrival, an administrative fee of $25 will be charged prior to refunding any advance deposit. Otherwise the one night deposit will be forfeited.
- If a rental reservation is cancelled at least 7 days prior to arrival, an administrative fee of $25 will be charged prior to refunding any advance deposit.
- Rental reservations that are cancelled within 7 days of arrival are not eligible to receive a refund.
- A $100 refundable security deposit on a major credit card is required upon check in of your rental. You are responsible for damages to the unit and its contents, as well as to the cleanliness of the rental accommodation.
- If any items require repair or replacement, or if excess cleaning is required, the security deposit will not be refunded and you may incur additional charges for replacement cost due to the nature of the damages.
- In the case of multiple sites booked, cancellation penalties apply to each site that is cancelled or changed.
- No refunds will be issued for early check-out.
From May 28, 2021
• RV campsites: We allow full refunds for cancellations up to 48 hours prior to your arrival date for daily and weekly reservations.
• Rental accommodations: We allow full refunds for cancellations 7 days prior to your arrival date for daily and weekly reservations.
• Daily and weekly reservations: for cancellations received less than the required notice period prior to arrival, your deposit will be forfeited up to $250.