RV Camp in California Wilderness
Breathtaking views of the California wilderness await you at Lake of the Springs. Situated on 950 acres in the foothills of the Sierra Mountains, Lake of the Springs RV Camping Resort is known for being one of the top RV campgrounds in California. Go fishing, swimming or boating on the 120-acre private lake. For guests without a boat, patio boats are available for rent - large enough for the whole family to enjoy a day on the water. Panning for gold, viewing wildlife, tennis and swimming in our pool are other popular activities at Lake of the Springs.
The great outdoors have never looked so good. Make Lake of the Springs RV Campground your home away from home. Book your vacation today. We promise you won't regret it!
- Swimming Pool
- Creek / Lake / Canal / River / Ocean Frontage
- RV Storage
- Pets Welcome
- Nature / Hiking Trails
- Mini Golf
- Restroom/Shower Facilities
- Laundry Facilities
- Boat Docks/Marina
- Boat Ramp
- Picnic/BBQ Area
- Tennis Courts
- Ballroom/Banquet Hall
- Billiards/Game Room
- Dog Park
Whether you're planning a retreat for the whole family, a group of friends or a getaway for two, there's no shortage of unique activities to explore at Lake of the Springs RV Resort. Plan activities upon arrival or visit this page before your departure to plan ahead. Looking for more? Our friendly staff can fill you in on all of the great ways to make your stay a memorable experience.
- Activities Coordinator
- Arts & Crafts
- Bingo/Card Playing
- Church Service
- E-Mail Access/central modem connection
- Line, Country Western and Swing Dance Lessons
- Mini Golf
- Activities Director
- Beach Fishing
- Children's Playground
- Kids Activities
- Live Entertainment
- Planned Activities
- Red Hat Society
Pardon Our Dust - Upgrades Happening at Lake of The Springs
We are excited to share that we are updating the Trading Post. During the renovation, the Trading Post will be closed. We apologize for any inconvenience and look forward to reopening it for the enjoyment of all.
Lake of the Springs Temporary Amenity Closure
Please note that the Los Verjels Dam on Lake Mildred will be under construction for the remainder of the year. As part of this project, Lake Mildred will be drained by approximately 20 feet. As a result, beginning Tuesday, September 6, it is necessary for us to temporarily close access to the lake and remove our dock. We greatly appreciate your patience and understanding during this time. We look forward to restoring access to beautiful Lake Mildred for our members and guests soon. Cant wait to see you at Lake of the Springs RV Campground! (posted 8/23/33)
General Policies & Information
Policies & General Information
Check-in/Check-out & Hours
- Campsite check-in: 12 noon
- Campsite check-out: 12 Noon
- Rental check-in: 4 p.m.
- Rental check-out: 11 a.m.
- Business office: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Ranger station: Mon - Thu, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.; Fri - Sat: 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Quiet hours: 10 p.m. - 7 a.m.
- Boat Dock Hours: Thu - Sun, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Last Boat Rental: 3 p.m.
- Pool Closed: November 1st - April 30th
- Upon check-in you may be asked to provide a valid ID and a certificate of insurance and registration for your camper. Members should also have their membership card on hand.
- A completed Reservations for Minors form is required for all unaccompanied minors. Download the form here: http://www.rvonthego.com/images/PDF/Reservations-For-Minors061917.pdf
After Hours Arrival
If your plans change and you need to arrive outside of normal business hours, please refer to your confirmed reservation information.
Reservations & Payment Policy
- Your credit card will be charged Itinerary Total prior to arrival, up to a maximum deposit of one night rack rate. Any remaining balance is due prior to arrival.
- Prices and site type are subject to availability.
- The rates displayed do not include any applicable service fees or charges for optional incidentals.
- By using a credit card for a deposit, guarantee or payment, you agree to the following: I authorize MHC Property Management L.P. to charge any expenses incurred during my stay to that credit card or apply funds you have on deposit with MHC Property Management L.P. against what I owe.
- Sites and locations are not guaranteed.
Cancellation & Refund Policy
- RV campsites: We allow full refunds for cancellations up to 2 days prior to your arrival date for daily and weekly reservations.
- Rental accommodations: We allow full refunds for cancellations 7 days prior to your arrival date for daily and weekly reservations.
- Daily and weekly reservations:for cancellations received less than the required notice period prior to arrival, your deposit will be forfeited up to one night rack rate.
- Pets welcome.
- Please clean up after pets. Do not leave unattended on camping site.
- Pets may also be permitted in rentals; please check rental page for more information.
Campground Services & Information
- WiFi is available at the Lodge only. Not available at camping sites.
- Cable TV: No, cable is not offered at this time.
- Honey Wagon: Yes, paid in advance. Regular: $40/Emergency: $60
- Propane: Yes, available every Tuesday (9 a.m. – 11 a.m.) available at Trading Post every Saturday (9 a.m. – 11 a.m.). Please visit our front desk or call (530) 692-3212 for rates.
- Electric Golf Carts only. Licensed driver required.
- Golf Cart Rentals: We do not offer golf cart rentals currently.
- Fishing License: Required. Can be purchased online.
- Horseback Riding: We do not offer horseback riding currently.
- Tow Trailer Rules: If customers are towing a boat, ATV trailer, or cargo trailer, etc. they are required to park them in the main parking lot, located at the bottom of lodge hill. Tow trailers are NOT allowed on RV sites. If you are traveling with additional tow equipment, parking is available at the main parking lot.
- Tent Camping: Sites without power are in Sections I and D and are approximately 1 mile from all the amenities in the park.
- Sites are not pre-assigned and are first come, first served.
- Maximum of six (6) persons per site. More than six (6) persons will require rental of an additional site.
Thousand Trails Member Policies
- Members are allowed two (2) passenger vehicles. Each vehicle must be driven by a card-carrying member. Extra vehicles are charged $10 for the car and driver.
- RV Storage available at $61/month.
- Visitor Park Pass: Guests visiting a member are subject to a $10 fee.
Enjoy year-round camping in the great outdoors at Thousand Trails’ network of campgrounds, with spacious campsites, hiking trails, fishing, and family fun.