Not A Member?
Camp all year with a Thousand Trails Camping Pass! Join Now
Ponderosa RV Resort7291 Hwy 49, Lotus, CA 95651 view map
- Open Dates: Open Year Round
- Number of Sites: 146
- Reservations (Member): 1-800-388-7788
- Reservations (Non-member): 1-888-481-6348
- Ranger Station: 530-642-5830
- Zone: Southwest
Mountain RV Camp in California
Ponderosa RV Camping is conveniently located in the foothills of the Sierras at the South Fork of the American River, the most popular whitewater river in the United States. Guests of this RV camp in California enjoy fishing, rafting, swimming, kayaking, sunbathing and panning for gold, all within a few miles of the campground. On site, a gleaming swimming pool, bocci ball, horseshoes and a clubhouse make for relaxing pastimes at Ponderosa RV Camping in California.
Don't miss out on local attractions of the Sierra foothills. Award-winning wineries, casinos, skiing and numerous golf courses are just a short distance away.
One weekend of Ponderosa RV Camping is all it will take to ensure you return time and time again. Book your trip today and secure your campsite!
See Our Virtual TourVirtual Tour
- Swimming Pool
- RV Storage
- Pets Welcome
- Nature / Hiking Trails
- Restroom/Shower Facilities
- Picnic/BBQ Area
- Billiards/Game Room
- Bocci Ball
Cabin (Sleeps 6/No Pets)
This cabin has a bedroom with queen bed and a sleeping nook with a set of twin bunk beds. In the living area is a sleeper sofa, dinette table, and satellite TV. The full-sized bathroom has a tub/shower combo. In the kitchen is a microwave, 2 burner stovetop (no oven), pots & pans, coffee maker, dinnerware for 6 and full-sized refrigerator. Outside is a BBQ grill and picnic table.
Linens are included. Linen packages include bedding and bath towels for two people. Extra linen packages are available upon request.
No pets in these rentals, please.
Cabin (Sleeps 6/Pet Friendly)
This cabin has a bedroom with queen bed and a sleeping nook with a pyramid bunk bed (double on the bottom, single on the top). In the living area is a sleeper sofa, dinette table, and satellite TV with DVD player. The full-sized bathroom has a tub/shower combo. In the kitchen is a microwave, 2 burner stovetop (no oven), pots & pans, coffee maker, dinnerware for 6 and full-sized refrigerator. Outside is a BBQ grill and picnic table. Linens are not included, although packages are available to rent. Please advise of your linen needs when booking. Linen packages include bedding and bath towels for two people. Pets welcome in this rental.
TT Cabin (Sleeps 4/Pet Friendly)
These 1-bedroom cabins sleep 4 people. In the bedroom is a pyramid bunk (double bed on bottom, single on top). In the living area is a two-person futon, dinette table, and satellite TV. These rentals include a full-sized bath.
In the kitchen is a microwave, 3 burner stovetop (no oven), toaster, pots & pans, coffee maker, dinnerware for 4 and full-sized refrigerator. Outside on the covered porch is a BBQ grill.
Linens are included. Linen packages include bedding and bath towels for two poeple. Extra linen packages are available upon request.
Pets welcomed in this rental.
Whether you're planning a retreat for the whole family, a group of friends or a getaway for two, there's no shortage of unique activities to explore at Ponderosa RV Resort. Plan activities upon arrival or visit this page before your departure to plan ahead. Looking for more? Our friendly staff can fill you in on all of the great ways to make your stay a memorable experience.
We currently offer the following activities:
- Activities Center
- Arts & Crafts
- Bocci Ball
- Creative arts and crafts classes and projects
- Activities Director
- Bingo/Card Playing
- Children's Playground
- Children's Programs ($)
- Hiking Club
- Planned Activities
- Stream Fishing
- Weekly Potlucks
General Policies & Information
- Policies subject to change without notice.
Check-in/Check-out & Hours
- Campsite check-in: 12 noon
- Rental check-in: 4 p.m.
- Campsite check-out: 12 noon
- Rental check-out: 11 a.m.
- Upon check-in you may be asked to provide a valid ID, and a certificate of insurance and registration for your camper. Members should also have their membership card on hand.
- Guests aged 17 years and under at the time of check-in are considered children.
- A completed Reservations for Minors form is required for all unaccompanied minors. Download this PDF form: http://www.rvonthego.com/images/PDF/Reservations-For-Minors061917.pdf.
After Hours Arrival
- For late arrival arrangements, please contact our Reservation Department at (877) 864-2728.
Reservation & Payment Policy
- Your credit card will be charged Itinerary Total prior to arrival, up to a maximum deposit of one night rack rate. Any remaining balance is due prior to arrival.
- Prices and site type are subject to availability.
- The rates displayed do not include any applicable service fees or charges for optional incidentals.
Cancellations & Refunds
- In the case of multiple sites booked, cancellation penalties apply to each site that is cancelled or changed.
- No refunds will be issued for early check-out.
- RV campsites: We allow full refunds for cancellations up to 2 days prior to your arrival date for daily and weekly reservations.
- Rental accommodations: We allow full refunds for cancellations 7 days prior to your arrival date for daily and weekly reservations.
- Daily and weekly reservations: For cancellations received less than the required notice period prior to arrival, your deposit will be forfeited up to one night rack rate.
- Extended stays: For long-term reservations (28 days or longer), we allow full refunds for cancellations up to 60 days prior to your arrival date. For cancellations received less than the required notice period prior to arrival, the deposit amount will be held on account for a future stay.
- Pets are allowed.
Campground Services & Information
- Tent sites are approximately 20' x 20' and cannot accommodate extra large tents. If you require extra space please book a Water and Electric site.