Not A Member?
Camp all year with a Thousand Trails Camping Pass! Join Now
Chesapeake Bay RV Resort12014 Trails Ln, Gloucester, VA 23061 view map
- Open Dates: 05/22 - 12/31
- Number of Sites: 365
- Reservations (Member): 1-800-388-7788
- Reservations (Non-member): 1-888-481-6348
- Ranger Station: 804-693-6924
- Zone: Southeast
Riverfront shaded sites at an eastern Virginia RV campground
What could be better than a waterfront campground set amid the banks of beautiful Piankatank River? Not much — and Chesapeake Bay RV Resort offers just that. With 280 acres of space to enjoy, this coastal Virginia RV campground makes it easy to create lifetime memories.
With full hook-up sites, tent sites, cabin rentals and a friendly, welcoming, 24-hour staff, Chesapeake Bay RV Resort is equipped with plenty of activities. Upstream from the Chesapeake Bay, Piankatank River is perfect for water skiing, jet skiing, swimming, fishing, crabbing and boating.
Nearby are 3 "living history" towns of unparalleled historical significance. Colonial Williamsburg, Yorktown and the Jamestown Settlement make up what is known as Virginia's "Historical Triangle", and the beautiful Colonial Parkway that connects them is worth the drive if you do nothing else. Three charming villages - Gloucester Courthouse, Mathews Courthouse and Urbanna - are within a half hour's drive, with unique shops, historic buildings and museums, wonderful restaurants, art studios and galleries.
Waterfront dining and shopping can be found in Yorktown, Gloucester Point and Urbanna. For the kids, Busch Gardens, Water Country USA and Paramount's King's Dominion are also within easy driving distance.
See Our Virtual TourVirtual Tour
- Bike Trails
- Swimming Pool
- Whirlpool/Spa/Hot Tub
- Near Beach
- Creek / Lake / Canal / River / Ocean Frontage
- RV Storage
- Pets Welcome
- Nature / Hiking Trails
- Mini Golf
- Restroom/Shower Facilities
- Laundry Facilities
- Boat Docks/Marina
- Boat Ramp
- Waterfront sites
- Picnic/BBQ Area
- Ballroom/Banquet Hall
- Billiards/Game Room
- Dog Park
Cabin - Deluxe (Sleeps 4/No Pets)
These deluxe cabins sleep 4 people and include one bedroom with queen size bed and living room with full or queen size sleeper sofa.
No pets in these rentals, please.
Cabin - Deluxe (Sleeps 4/Pet & Wheelchair Friendly)
This wheelchair-friendly deluxe cabin sleeps 4 people and includes one bedroom with queen size bed and living room with a full or queen size sleeper sofa.
Pets welcomed for an additional fee.
Cabin - Deluxe (Sleeps 6/No Pets)
These deluxe cabins sleep 6 people and include one bedroom with double bed, a set of twin bunk beds, and living room with a full or queen size sleeper sofa.
No pets in these rentals, please.
Cabin - Deluxe (Sleeps 6/Pet Friendly)
These deluxe cabins sleep 6 people and include one bedroom with double bed, a set of twin bunk beds, and living room with full or queen size sleeper sofa.
Pets welcomed for additional fee.
Cabin - Premium (Sleeps 4/Pet Friendly)
The premium cabins are warm, inviting and sleep 4 people with a queen bed in the bedroom and a full or queen size sofa bed in the living room.
Pets welcomed for additional fee.
TT Cabin (Sleeps 4/No Pets)
These 28' cabins sleep 4 people and include a double bed and large closet in the bedroom as well as a double size sleep sofa in the living area. The floor plan is a small open kitchenette/living/dining area in the front, and a bathroom and separate bedroom in the back. No pets in these cabins, please.
TT Cabins (Sleeps 4/Pet Friendly)
These 28' cabins sleep 4 people and include a double bed and large closet in the bedroom as well as a double size sleep sofa in the living area. The floor plan is a small open kitchenette/living/dining area in the front, and a bathroom and separate bedroom in the back.
Pets welcome for additional fee.
Whether you're planning a retreat for the whole family, a group of friends or a getaway for two, there's no shortage of unique activities to explore at Chesapeake Bay RV Resort. Plan activities upon arrival or visit this page before your departure to plan ahead. Looking for more? Our friendly staff can fill you in on all of the great ways to make your stay a memorable experience.
We currently offer the following activities:
- Activities Center
- Activities Director
- Beach Fishing
- Bingo/Card Playing
- Card Room
- Children's Playground
- Church Service
- Kids Activities
- Line Dancing
- Live Entertainment
- Mini Golf
- Planned Activities
- Square dancing
- Sand Badminton
- Weekly Dances
Starts: 08/14/2020 - Ends: 08/16/2020
Back by popular demand! Break out those grass skirts, sandals and flowered shirts. Purchase your advance tickets to the Luau Buffet Dinner early, as we sell out fast.
Boo-Hoo Back to School Blues
Starts: 08/21/2020 - Ends: 08/23/2020
Summer is almost over, so kids, this is your weekend! Battle it out with adults in the final wet wagon water battle and balloon fight of the season and other adults-versus-kids games.
Wonka Chocolate Weekend
Starts: 08/28/2020 - Ends: 08/30/2020
Chocoholics, prepare for an epic chocolate frenzy this weekend at our candy bar bingo, candy-making cooking class, and chocolate cook-off competition!
Labor Day Weekend
Starts: 09/04/2020 - Ends: 09/07/2020
Oh no, where did the summer go? Craft bazaar, band and DJ dances. On Saturday, we're treating everyone to a hot dog picnic to thank y'all for choosing us!
Pampered Pooch Parade & Ice Cream Social
Starts: 09/11/2020 - Ends: 09/13/2020
Dress up your canine companions and strut them around the Pavilion. Enter in the dog-owner look-alike contest. People and pets both can lick their bowls clean at the ice cream social!
13th Annual Bluegrass by the Bay Festival
Starts: 09/16/2020 - Ends: 09/20/2020
Our bluegrass festival just keeps getting better and better! Four full days of bluegrass music and field picking with food, crafts, tee shirts and other specialty vendors. Tell your friends and neighbors about this wonderful event, which is open to the public. Make your reservations early, as we fill the park for this event. Call Sandy for tickets at (540) 894-8444.
Annual Lease Members Social
Starts: 09/25/2020 - Ends: 09/27/2020
We want to say a special thank you to our annual site-lease members for their support of this campground. The revenue generated from this program provides amenities and activities that benefit not just these individuals, but all members and guests. The wine and heavy hors d'oeuvres social is complimentary for annual lease members and includes door prizes! The social is available to other members and guests for $12.50 (adults) and $6.00 (kids under 8) plus tax.
Thirty Cent Shrimp Day
Starts: 10/02/2020 - Ends: 10/04/2020
That's right, fresh spiced shrimp - only thirty cents each! Order as many as you like, eat-in or take-out. Fried shrimp and chicken tender baskets also available.
Autumn in the Air
Starts: 10/09/2020 - Ends: 10/11/2020
Brunswick stew, apple bobbing, apple races, and a campfire with s'mores.
Jack O' Lantern's Ode to Fall
Starts: 10/16/2020 - Ends: 10/18/2020
Decorate your sites with Jack O' Lanterns of all shapes and sizes, plus wagon rides and a scary Halloween movie!
Starts: 10/23/2020 - Ends: 10/25/2020
Be wary of ghosts and goblins lurking on the campground! Decorated site contest, spooky golf cart parade, costume parade, Trick or Treating, and Monster Mash Dance.
Starts: 10/30/2020 - Ends: 11/01/2020
Be wary of TT ghosts and goblins lurking in the campground! Decorated site contest, spooky golf cart parade, costume parade, Trick or Treating, and Monster Mash Dance.
Starts: 11/26/2020 - Ends: 11/26/2020
Bring family and food to our Thanksgiving Potluck Gathering and Feast. Bring a side dish and dessert to share with family and friends. We supply the turkeys and beverages. Contact Sandy at 804-218-9512 to discuss your planned side dish.
Winter Operating Schedule Goes Into Effect
Starts: 11/29/2020 - Ends: 11/29/2020
Beginning at 4pm on Sunday night (Nov 29), the campground goes into hibernation on weekdays. But we wake up for weekends! We are open 12 noon Friday to 4pm Sunday throughout the winter.
Merry Christmas to our TT Family
Starts: 12/25/2020 - Ends: 12/25/2020
We wish you and your family a Christmas filled with Peace, Joy, and Love.
New Years Eve Party
Starts: 12/31/2020 - Ends: 12/31/2020
Ring in the new year with your camping family and friends at our New Year's Eve party and DJ dance. BYOB with mixers and an appetizer to share. Who will be the New Year's Baby this year?
Misery Loves Company Brunch
Starts: 01/01/2021 - Ends: 01/01/2021
Bring a breakfast dish to the Dining Hall to share with your fellow hung over campers. We'll have lots of coffee ready. We promise to be veh-wy quiet! Park closes at 4:00 pm on January 1, 2021.
- Campsite check in time: 12 noon
- Campsite check out time: 12 noon
- Rental check in time: 4 p.m.
- Rental check out time: 11 a.m.
- Upon check-in you may be asked to provide a valid ID, and a certificate of insurance and registration for your unit. Members should also have their membership card on hand.
- Minimum check in age is 18 years old.
- Guests aged 24 years old and under at the time of check in are considered children.
- Leashed pets are always welcome on the property; but are not allowed in some of our rentals. However, we do allow service animals and a service animal may have stayed in a rental.
- The rates displayed do not include any applicable service fees or charges for optional incidentals.
- For late arrival arrangements, please contact our Reservation Department at (804) 693-6924.
Reservation & Payment Policies:
- Your credit card will be charged Itinerary Total prior to arrival, up to a maximum deposit of $250.
- Any remaining balance will be due on arrival.
- If you cancel your reservation 14 or more days prior to arrival, you will be charged a $25 administrative fee.
- If you cancel your reservation within 14 days of arrival, you will forfeit your deposit; up to a maximum of $250.
- In the case of multiple sites booked, cancellation penalties apply to each site that is cancelled or changed.
- Prices and site type are subject to availability.
- If I used a credit card for a deposit, guarantee or payment, I authorize MHC Property Management L.P. to charge any expenses incurred during my stay to that credit card or apply funds you have on deposit with us against what I owe.
Deposit and Payment Schedule:
1 to 5 Month
- One month deposit is due at time of reservation.
- Balance due upon reservation start date.
- The method of payment for deposits is by credit or debit card. If deposit is made in person, cash and/or check are acceptable.
- Check will be accepted if paid 30 days in advance.
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
- No refunds will be issued for early check out.
- No Show - Refund will not be granted.
- Long Term - One month or longer.
- Reservations with any nights during the months of April--October: Cancellation made prior to 60 days of arrival date for a full refund.
- Less than 60 days - Deposit may be pushed forward up to one year from original arrival date, or the deposit will be refunded minus a $150 cancellation fee.
- If a stay is shorter than original reservation, and less than one month, no refund will be given.
- If a stay is one month or longer, the rate will be adjusted to the appropriate rate type (i.e. daily, weekly, etc.)
- Refunds for death or extended hospitalization will be reviewed on an individual basis at the regional level.
- Policy subject to change without notice.