RV Campground in California Mountains
Everything is better in California! At least that's what we believe at Idyllwild RV Campground. Located in the San Jacinto Mountains, Idyllwild’s grounds offer panoramic mountain views tucked away from the Southern California heat.
For our more active guests, a landscape of pine-covered mountains offers the perfect terrain for hiking in the summer and snowshoeing in the winter. Other activities include fishing in our pond or enjoying the sunshine at the swimming and wading pools. Come explore our RV campground in California. Catering to both RV campers and those without RVs, Idyllwild RV Campground offers rustic tent camping as well as cabin rentals. Our attentive staff looks forward to making your stay at Idyllwild RV Campground one to remember.
- Swimming Pool
- RV Storage
- Pets Welcome
- Nature / Hiking Trails
- Restroom/Shower Facilities
- Laundry Facilities
- Picnic/BBQ Area
- Billiards/Game Room
- Dog Park
- Satellite TV
Whether you're planning a retreat for the whole family, a group of friends or a getaway for two, there's no shortage of unique activities to explore at Idyllwild RV Resort. Plan activities upon arrival or visit this page before your departure to plan ahead. Looking for more? Our friendly staff can fill you in on all of the great ways to make your stay a memorable experience. OFF SEASON ACTIVITY: We are open year round. However, during our off season from mid September through mid May, the pool area, restaurant, store and fishing are closed. Also, there are no scheduled activities during this time.
- Children's Playground
- Volleyball Court (bring equipment)
- Ping Pong
- Video Games at the Lodge
- Horseshoes (bring equipment)
- Shuffleboard (bring equipment)
- Play in the snow (watch weather for snow accumulation)
- Impromptu activities (dependent on park occupancy)
- Pool - limited hours and occupancy
- Fish Pond
- Basketball Court (bring equipment)
- Safe Distance Activities
Idyllwild Cafe Temporary Closure
We regret to share that, until further notice, the campground store and cafe will not be open. We have secured proposals and are continuing our work on the next phases to get both the store and cafe opened as quickly as possible.
General Policies & Information
General Policies & Information
- Policies subject to change without notice.
Check-in/Check-out & Hours
- Campsite check-out: 12 noon
- Campsite check-in: 12 noon
- Rental check-in: 4 p.m.
- Rental check-out: 11 a.m.
- Upon check-in you may be asked to provide a valid ID, and a certificate of insurance and registration for your camper. Members should also have their membership card on hand.
- Guests aged 12 years and under at the time of check in are considered children.
- A completed Reservations for Minors form is required for all unaccompanied minors. To download the form, copy and paste this link into your browser: http://www.rvonthego.com/images/PDF/Reservations-For-Minors061917.pdf.
- Summer Office Hours
- Mon - Wed: 7 a.m. - 10 p.m.
- Thu - Sun: 7 a.m. - 11 p.m.
- Fri & Sat: 7 a.m. - 12 midnight
- Pets are allowed. See more here
After Hours Check-in
The last check in for RVs and tents is at 6 p.m. (no exceptions). We encourage you to make every effort to arrive before this time. If you do arrive late, call the phone number posted at the Ranger Station for after hours check-in assistance (it may take up to 30 minutes for the on-call Ranger to arrive)
Winter Office Hours:
Sun - Wed: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Thu - Sat: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
All vehicles, including those with four-wheel-drive or snow tires, should carry chains when traveling in snowy weather. Highway signs and QuickMap will indicate when chains are required and drivers must stop and install chains.
Tire Chains or 4-wheel Drive May be Required. Please be aware of Road Conditions prior to arrival.
Reservation & Payment Policy
- The rates displayed do not include any applicable service fees or charges for optional incidentals.
- Prices and site type are subject to availability.
- By using a credit card for a deposit, guarantee or payment, you agree to the following: If I used a credit card for a deposit, guarantee or payment, I authorize MHC Property Management L.P. to charge any expenses incurred during my stay to that credit card or apply funds you have on deposit with MHC Property Management L.P. against what I owe.
- Your credit card will be charged one night rack rate prior to arrival.
- Balance due on reservation start date.
- RV sites and lodging typically accommodate four guests. A guest fee is added per day to the reservation rate for each additional guest over four.
Cancellation & Refund Policy
- RV campsites: We allow full refunds for cancellations up to 2 days prior to your arrival date for daily and weekly reservations.
- Rental accommodations: We allow full refunds for cancellations 7 days prior to your arrival date for daily and weekly reservations.
- Daily and weekly reservations: for cancellations received less than the required notice period prior to arrival, your deposit will be forfeited up to one night rack rate.
- Off Season Activity: We are open year round. However, during our off season from mid September through mid May, the pool area, restaurant, store and fishing are closed. There are also no scheduled activities during this time period.
- When bringing an RV, we recommend coming prepared with leveling blocks as some sites may be unleveled.
- There are limited sewer sites available. Sites are first come, first served.
- We cannot accept motorhomes or any vehicle more than 38 feet long.
- Daily maid service is not provided.
- Wood fires are NEVER allowed at Idyllwild. We do allow propane and charcoal grills (charcoal briquettes only) and propane fire pits. NEVER leave a fire unattended.
- Complimentary WiFi hotspots located at the pool area and lodge. Additional WiFi hotspots in select areas available from Jabba Communications for a fee.
Enjoy year-round camping in the great outdoors at Thousand Trails’ network of campgrounds, with spacious campsites, hiking trails, fishing, and family fun.