Whippoorwill Campground offers a restful camping experience just 3 miles outside of Ocean City New Jersey
Nestled in the woods, Whippoorwill Campground is the closest campground to Ocean City New Jersey.
Whippoorwill Campground offers the finest in resort accommodations in a wooded, seashore vacation setting. With campsites set in sheltering woods, Whippoorwill is truly a relaxing and friendly option from among the mind-boggling selection of camping choices in the Jersey Shore region. Our sites are level and wooded, all including a picnic table and a fire ring and most featuring a three-way hookup with cable TV.
Whippoorwill accommodates any type of camping unit, from a tent to a large motor home. Or, perhaps you would like to settle into one of our cozy, air conditioned rental cabins.
At the campground, recreational facilities include an Olympic-sized pool, separate kiddies’ pool, tennis and volleyball court, sand playground, a snack bar, our new Gym, Youth Recreation Center and more. Planned leisure time fun includes activities for both children and adults such as Pool Games, Aqua Zumba, Bingo, and many other fun activities. Some “themed” events include”Christmas in July,” “Wet-n-Wild weekend,” “Halloween in August,” and our famous “Pig Roast.”
- Swimming Pool
- Fitness Center
- Pets Welcome
- Restroom/Shower Facilities
- Picnic/BBQ Area
- Billiards/Game Room
Whether you're planning a retreat for the whole family, a group of friends or a getaway for two, there's no shortage of unique activities to explore at Whippoorwill Campground. Plan activities upon arrival or visit this page before your departure to plan ahead. Looking for more? Our friendly staff can fill you in on all of the great ways to make your stay a memorable experience.
- Wet-n-Wild Weekend
- Halloween in August
- Annual Pig Roast
- Pet Weekend
General Policies & Information
- Rental check-in: After 4 p.m.
- Campsite check-in: After 1 p.m.
- Check-out: Before 11 a.m.
- Minimum check-in age is 21 years.
- Guests under 16 years at the time of check-in are considered children.
- Pets are welcomed. Vaccination records are required upon check-in.
Reservation & Payment Policy
- Your credit card will be charged Itinerary Total prior to arrival, up to a maximum deposit of one night rack rate. Any remaining balance is due prior to arrival.
- Prices and site type are subject to availability.
- The rates displayed do not include any applicable service fees or charges for optional incidentals.
- By using a credit card for a deposit, guarantee or payment, you agree to the following: if I used a credit card for a deposit, guarantee or payment, I authorize MHC Property Management L.P. to charge any expenses incurred during my stay to that credit card or apply funds you have on deposit with MHC Property Management L.P. against what I owe.
Cancellation & Refund Policy
- In the case of multiple sites booked, cancellation penalties apply toe each site that is cancelled or changed.
- No refunds will be issued for early check-out.
- RV campsites: We allow full refunds for cancellations up to 2 days prior to your arrival date for daily and weekly reservations.
- Rental accommodations: We allow full refunds for cancellations 7 days prior to your arrival date for daily and weekly reservations.
- Daily and weekly reservations: For cancellations received less than the required notice period prior to arrival, your deposit will be forfeited up to one night rack rate.
- Extended stays: For long-term reservations (28 days or longer), we allow full refunds for cancellations up to 60 days prior to your arrival date. For cancellations received less than the required notice period prior to arrival, the deposit amount will be held on account for a future stay.
Campground Services & Information
- There is a $75 lost key fee for our rentals.
- All rentals are smoke free. There is a $250 fee for smoking violations.
- Entrance onto the campground property constitutes permission for the management of Lake George Escape in Lake George, New York to photograph the visitor while on the premises and to use any resulting pictures for any lawful purpose without compensation to the visitor.
- All guests/visitors assume all risks and danger incidental to the activity of camping in a rustic outdoor environment including specifically (but not limited to), the danger of being injured by insects or other animals, of being injured while participating in recreational activities, such as hiking, swimming or boating at the Camp-Resort and/or being injured as a result of inclement weather conditions, and agrees that the Camp-Resort and its owners, agents and employees are not liable for injuries or property damage resulting from such risks and danger.
- Visitors/Guests (ages 16 & up) who are staying on sites until 9 p.m. or for day use will be charged $20 per person per day. Overnight guests will be charged $20. No overnight visitors or visitors after 9 pm are allowed unless prearranged with office.
Whether it’s just for a weekend or for the whole season, these top campgrounds have it all – from unique accommodations to family friendly activities to scenic locations.