Not A Member?
Camp all year with a Thousand Trails Camping Pass! Join Now
Drummer Boy Camping Resort1300 Hanover Street, Gettysburg, PA 17325 view map
- Open Dates: 04/01 - 10/30
- Number of Sites: 459
Discover Gettysburg's Best Accommodations...Just Minutes From Downtown Gettysburg!
Drummer Boy Camping Resort is the premier destination for our campers who are in search of unparalleled customer service. We are small enough to remain friendly,yet big enough to provide all the amenities our guests have come to expect. In addition, we provide a wide variety of recreational activities Click here for your entire family to enjoy.
Our camping resort offers 95 acres of wooded campgrounds and cabins in Gettysburg PA. We have over 400 sites available for seasonal and short term rental. For the customer that wants to be in luxury we have cabins, cottages and lofts.
Drummer Boy is within minutes of battlefield tours, ghost walks and newly constructed visitor center. We are conveniently located within easy driving to many area attractions in Washington D.C., Baltimore MD., Lancaster and Hershey Pennsylvania.
See Our Virtual TourVirtual Tour
- Swimming Pool
- Pets Welcome
- Mini Golf
- Restroom/Shower Facilities
- Laundry Facilities
- Picnic/BBQ Area
- Billiards/Game Room
Cabin - 1 Room (Sleeps 4)
These cozy cabins include a double bed and a bunk bed in a large open room. They come with electricity and contain a dorm sized refrigerator. While there is no bath, convenient showers/bath houses are throughout the resort grounds. Inside cooking facilities are not available. Guests must bring their own linens.
Cabin - 2 Room (Sleeps 6)
Our two room cabins are equipped with electricity, a double bed, two bunk beds, and a dorm sized refrigerator. While there is no bath, convenient showers/bath houses are throughout the resort grounds. Inside cooking facilities are not available. Guests must bring their own linens.
Cabin - 2 Room Deluxe (Sleeps 6)
Our Deluxe two room cabins sleep up to six people. They are each equipped with electricity, the main area has a queen bed, two bunk beds (door separating the rooms), a dorm sized refrigerator, heating and air conditioning. While there is no bath, convenient showers/bath houses are throughout the resort grounds. Inside cooking facilities are not available. Each cabin has a charcoal grill, picnic table and water faucet.
Guests must bring their own linens.
Cottage - Premier Loft (Sleeps 9)
Hassle-free camping in style! These luxurious 2-bedroom cottages come fully furnished with all of the comforts of home. The fully-equipped kitchen has loads of cabinet and counter space. The living/dining area includes a futon, a dinette that seats eight, and a 32" flat screen TV with 24 cable channels. In the master bedroom is a queen size bed, closet, dresser, and 22" flat screen cable TV. Additional accomodations include a pyramid bunk (twin over full) in the second bedroom and two mattresses in the loft. The fully-equipped bathroom has a shower stall and includes a medicine chest and linen closet. All Linens are provided. The sliding glass doors off the living area lead you directly onto the large deck which is perfect for relaxing and taking in the scenery.
Cottage - 1 Bedroom (Sleeps 6)
In the main area of our log cottages is a queen size bed, a dining table that seats four, and loveseat. The adjoining bedroom offers two sets of bunk beds. All Linens are provided. The nicely-equipped bath has a stand-up shower. In the well-equipped kitchenette is a two-burner stove top, microwave, and a compact refrigerator with freezer. Outside is a picnic table, fire ring, and charcoal BBQ grill.
Cottage - 2 Bedroom Premiere (Sleeps 9)
Hassle-free camping in style! These luxurious 2-bedroom cottages come fully furnished with all of the comforts of home. The kitchen is equipped with all of the basic necessities including a range/oven, refrigerator, microwave, and loads of cabinet and counter space. The living/dining includes a futon, a dinette that seats 8, and a 32" flat screen TV with 24 cable channels. The master bedroom has a queen size bed, closet, dresser and 22" flat screen TV. In the 2nd bedroom is a full/twin bunk, a 2nd set of twin bunks and a 19" flat screen TV with DVD player. The well-equipped bath has a stand-up shower. All Linens are provided. The sliding glass doors off the living area lead you directly onto the generous deck that is perfect for relaxing and taking in the scenery.
Cottage - 3 Bedroom Deluxe (Sleeps 9)
In the main area of these cottages is a futon, LCD TV and a dining table that seats four. The main bedroom has a queen size bed and TV, the second bedroom a full bed, and the third has three bunk beds. All linens are provided. The nicely-equipped bath has a stand-up shower. In the well-equipped kitchenette is a four-burner stove top, microwave, and a full-size refrigerator. Outside is a picnic table, fire ring, and charcoal BBQ grill.
Cottage - Premier (Sleeps 9/No Pets)
Hassle-free camping in style! These luxurious 2-bedroom cottages come fully furnished with all of the comforts of home. The fully-equipped kitchen has loads of cabinet and counter space. The living/dining area includes a futon, a dinette that seats eight, and a 32" flat screen TV with 24 cable channels. In the master bedroom is a queen size bed, closet, dresser, and 22" flat screen cable TV. Additional accomodations include both a pyramid bunk (twin over full) and a standard twin bunk bed in the second bedroom. The fully-equipped bathroom has a shower stall and includes a medicine chest and linen closet. All Linens are provided. The sliding glass doors off the living area lead you directly onto the large deck which is perfect for relaxing and taking in the scenery.
Cottage BC (Sleeps 4)
In the main area of our log cottages is a dining table that seats four and a sleeper sofa. The adjoining bedroom offers a queen size bed. All linens are provided. The nicely-equipped bath has a stand-up shower. In the well-equipped kitchenette is a two-burner stove top, microwave, and a compact refrigerator with freezer. Outside is a picnic table, fire ring, and charcoal BBQ grill.
All scheduled activities, events, and entertainment are subject to change or cancel without notice due to covid-19 restrictions.
Whether you're planning a retreat for the whole family, a group of friends or a getaway for two, there's no shortage of unique activities to explore at Drummer Boy Camping Resort. Plan activities upon arrival or visit this page before your departure to plan ahead. Looking for more? Our friendly staff can fill you in on all of the great ways to make your stay a memorable experience.
We currently offer the following activities:
- Arts & Crafts
- Bingo/Card Playing
- Catch and Release Fishing
- Children's Playground
- Kids Activities
- Live Entertainment
- Mini Golf
- Planned Activities
Kids Rule Weekend
Starts: 05/20/2022 - Ends: 05/22/2022
The kids will be taking over the campground this weekend! Starting off Friday night with Candy Bar Bingo and Pizza Party. On Saturday, our vendors will be in the front field, some of our guest vendors are; Mary Kay, Vintage Loft, Tastefully Simple, Thirty -One and many more! While the adult's shop, kids will be creating slime, snow and all other things parents don't want in their house. We will continue the chaos with our Messtival. Make sure to bring a towel!
Memorial Day Weekend
Starts: 05/27/2022 - Ends: 05/30/2022
Welcome to our first four-day weekend of the season. We will remember our heroes who are no longer with us with a Sunday morning ceremony. Friday night we will have karaoke. Saturday morning, we will have our vendors (Mary Kay, Vintage Loft, Tupperware, Tastefully Simple, Fence Post Creations and many more) and a site-to-site yard sale. Saturday and Sunday night live entertainment; "6 Cents" will be here Saturday night. Come enjoy tons of crafts, tournaments, and games throughout the weekend. Don't miss our ice cream and frozen treat carts buzzing around.
Roaring 20s Chicago Weekend
Starts: 06/03/2022 - Ends: 06/05/2022
1920s returns for a second year. We're going back to the days of prohibition, mobsters , G-men, and flappers. On Saturday, we will start our caper off with a bootleg run. Can you smuggle the bathtub gin to our speakeasy so our Saturday Night can have a little pop, pop, fizz , fizz? Cut a rug with "Always Dancing" dance company and take in some tunes with "The Dave Winters Band." This weekend will be the cat's meow!
Starts: 06/10/2022 - Ends: 06/12/2022
Welcome to Jurassic Drummer Boy Park. Our activities staff were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should! So, we did and now the dinosaurs are loose! Help our wrangler find and capture them. Friday night we will start the fun off with some cornhole and continue the fun all weekend.
Super Hero Father's Day Weekend
Starts: 06/17/2022 - Ends: 06/19/2022
Come celebrate our at-home super heroes: our fathers! There will be tournaments all weekend: fishing, mini golf, volleyball, and more. Vendors will be here from 10-1 (TNT Treasure, Vintage Loft, Tupperware, Tastefully Simple, Scentsy, etc.). We will kick-off the weekend with our campfire and Friday night Bingo. Make sure you head down to Lincoln Hall for a surprise craft you can make for dad. Enjoy Saturday night partying with "5.5 Men."
Summertime Bash and Wiffle Ball Challenge
Starts: 06/24/2022 - Ends: 06/26/2022
Celebrate the 1st weekend of Summer with music, games and crafts. Help us elect our first Summer King and Queen! We will kick the weekend off with our Big Game of Tag! Wiffle Ball will start on Saturday but if you get in early Friday, you will have some practice time. Vendors will be in Saturday morning. Some of our guest vendors are; Mary Kay, Vintage Loft, Thirty-One, Tupperware, and Tastefully Simple. Celebrate Summertime with us!
Fourth of July Jam!
Starts: 07/01/2022 - Ends: 07/04/2022
It's going to be an activity-packed weekend! We'll have an ice cream cart, slam the can, flip cup, tic tac toe, can roll challenge, fishing/mini golf tournaments, scavenger hunt, a lot of arts and crafts, STEM activities, sidewalk and rock chalk creations, and so much more. We'll starting the Friday night off with karaoke with vendors and finishing tournament Saturday morning. We'll continue the fun until Monday morning.
Honey I Blew Up the Video Games Weekend
Starts: 07/08/2022 - Ends: 07/10/2022
Play your favorite games in real life: Pac Man, Mario Kart, Among Us, and Fortnite. All in real life! Wreck it Ralph will be our movie for Friday night.
Blast from the Past Weekend
Starts: 07/15/2022 - Ends: 07/17/2022
Celebrate your favorite generation this weekend: 60s - 90s! Let's take a trip down memory lane with your favorite crafts from the 60s, game shows from the 70s. Enjoy 90s games and toys and our 1980s prom night with "Rock the Party DJs! Take a walk through our 80s Challenge Museum. Friday night, we'll have Let's Make a Deal Bingo after the bonfire.
Gremlins Christmas in July
Starts: 07/22/2022 - Ends: 07/24/2022
Join us in celebrating Christmas in July with a twist. The Friday night movie will be the original "Gremlins." Saturday morning our vendors will be in so you can start your early Christmas shopping. Meet us at the front field and bring your nerf guns to capture the Gremlins. Try to find Gizmo in the campground. There's be pool games with Gizmo. Don't get him wet! We'll end the night with our favorite Christmas guy, SANTA!
Harry Potter Weekend
Starts: 07/29/2022 - Ends: 07/31/2022
House sorting will start in Lincoln Hall Friday night, Expecto popcornum with our bonfire. Make your own wand and wand duels Saturday morning. Quidditch match in the front field O.W.L. exams and much more!!!
Amazing Race and Survivor
Starts: 08/05/2022 - Ends: 08/07/2022
Amazing Race is back and improved this year! Our seasonal Friday night movie and camp fire will start this weekend. Saturday we will in have our vendors: Mary Kay, ColorStreet, TNT Treasures, Vintage Loft, and Thirty-One (just to name a few). The race will run continuously all Saturday morning. After lunch, "Survivor" will start till our dance party later in the evening. How do you think your team will do?
Wild Wild West Weekend
Starts: 08/12/2022 - Ends: 08/14/2022
Learn about Native American history and listen to stories by the fire. Friday night, we'll have Country Karaoke. Put a warrant out for someone's arrest and join in on our shoot-out. Fun for all ages!
Nerf and Water War Weekend
Starts: 08/19/2022 - Ends: 08/21/2022
We'll have a Super Soaker golf cart run, basic training, Nerf War, and games. Start Friday night off with the Big Game of Tag. Do you have what it takes to get through Major Burns's basic training? Show your skills!
Starts: 08/26/2022 - Ends: 08/28/2022
Bingo Bingo Bingo! Come enjoy Let's Make a Deal, cash, candy bar, meat Bingo, and so much more! Friday night starts our Bingo binge! Saturday night we will end with Let's Make a Deal Bingo!
Starts: 09/02/2022 - Ends: 09/05/2022
Let's celebrate our workforce! We'll have activities going on Friday night through Monday morning. They include tie dye, window painting, cornhole tournament, pool games, and a scavenger hunt. Enjoy the Friday night movie and campfire. Come spend Saturday morning with our vendors: Mary Kay, TNT Treasure, Vintage Loft, Thirty- One, Tupperware, etc. Saturday night we will rock out to "Sharon and The Edge"!
Starts: 09/09/2022 - Ends: 09/11/2022
Show us your heritage! We'll have international crafts, games, music and dancing. Cornhole will be our Friday night activity. End your Saturday with the band, "Irishtown Road." Make a mark on our map in Lincoln Hall to show where you are from. Sunday morning, we will have a memorial service in honor of 9/11. Never forget!
Dance Your Pants Off Weekend
Starts: 09/16/2022 - Ends: 09/18/2022
We will be shaking and shimmying from dusk till dawn. Participate in our Freeze Dance and Limbo Competitions. Friday night we will kick off the weekend with Bingo. "Th' Elvis Man" will be here to entertain Saturday night! Learn some line dances, and show us your steps!
Look at the Stars Weekend
Starts: 09/23/2022 - Ends: 09/25/2022
Come stargaze with us! Start the weekend with cornhole for our Friday night activity. Make your own Planetarium. Visit our mobile planetarium from "Cosmic Adventures." Shop 'til you drop with our vendors (Mary Kay, ColorStreet, Vintage Loft, Tupperware, Scentsy, etc.) and much more far out fun.
Fall in Love with Autumn / Guest Appreciation
Starts: 09/30/2022 - Ends: 10/02/2022
Enjoy the sights sounds and smells of the fall season. We start our weekend with Bingo. We'll have hot cider by the campfire, fall crafts, and a chili & pumpkin cook-off. Saturday starts off with a vendor fair. Mary Kay, Vintage Loft, Tupperware, Tastefully Simple, and Fence Post Creations will be there (just to name a few). Our Saturday night entertainment is "6 Cents!" With the season winding down we would like to say Thank you!
1st Halloween Weekend: Tim Burton
Starts: 10/08/2022 - Ends: 10/10/2022
Edward Scissorhands, Beetlejuice, who will you be for our costume contest? Test your skills in our escape room. Enjoy our Tim Burton movie marathon by the fire, and under the trees. Don't miss the Saturday morning vendor fair then end it with "Sharon and the Edge!" Can you outrun the Sandworm in the maze? Let's see how strange and unusual our 1st halloween weekend can get!
2nd Halloween Weekend: Historical Figures!
Starts: 10/14/2022 - Ends: 10/16/2022
Rosie the Riveter, George Washington, Amelia Earhart, and Harriet Tubman. What historical figure will you be or meet this weekend? The Escape Room will be open this weekend. This is our last Friday night cornhole game. We'll have a vendors Saturday, and many more spooktacular events.
3rd Halloween Weekend: 1980s
Starts: 10/21/2022 - Ends: 10/23/2022
Some of the greatest slasher and horror movies have come out in this decade. Who will be lurking around the corner? Jason, Michael Myers, Pinhead, Freddy? This weekend we will have an escape room, Friday night flashlight tag, Saturday morning vendor fair, costume contest and a Camp Crystal Lake run, and a Halloween party. Will you survive?
4th Halloween Weekend : SCI FI
Starts: 10/28/2022 - Ends: 10/31/2022
We have been invaded! Greys, Lizard People, Body Snatchers? Help us secure our camp! Come for the Nerf Alien War this weekend! We will have Friday night Thriller Karaoke, our Saturday morning vendor fair, and an Escape Room is open. Don't miss "The Detours" on Saturday night and much more on this last weekend of the season.
General Policies & Information
Check-in/Check-out & Hours
- RV Site/Rental check-in: 3 p.m.
- Rental check-out: 11 a.m.
- RV Site check-out: 1 p.m.
- Business office (Mon – Thu): 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Business office (Fri – Sat): 9 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Business office (Sun): 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Quiet hours: 11 p.m. - 8 a.m.
- Minimum check-in age is 21 years.
- Guests aged 17 years and under at the time of check-in are considered children.
- Pools: Open Memorial Day – Labor Day. Hours vary depending on the season.
- Waterslide: 12 noon – 7 p.m.; Jun 22 – Aug 13: Weekdays; Memorial Day – Labor Day: Fri-Sun.
After Hours Arrival
- If your plans change and you need to arrive outside the normal business hours, please refer to your confirmed reservation information.
Pet Policy & Associated Fees
- Pets are permitted, but please contact us directly about pets before arrival.
- Two (2) pets total and only permitted in designated “pet friendly” cabins and cottages.
- $150 clean up fee applied if pets are found inside property buildings.
- All pets must be kept on a leash (no longer than 6’) and under the control of the pet owner at all times. Do not tie up pets at site and leave them unattended.
- Please clean up after pets.
- Owners are responsible for the actions of their pets and the pets of their guests.
Reservation & Payment Policy
- The rates displayed do not include any applicable service fees or charges for optional incidentals.
- Your credit card will be charged Itinerary Total prior to arrival, up to a maximum deposit of one night rack rate. Any remaining balance will be due on arrival.
- Prices and site type are subject to availability.
- By using a credit card for a deposit, guarantee or payment, you agree to the following: I authorize MHC Property Management L.P. to charge any expenses incurred during my stay to that credit card or apply fundsI have on deposit with MHC Property Management L.P.against what I owe.
Cancellation & Refund Policy
- In the case of multiple sites booked, cancellation penalties apply to each site that is cancelled or changed.
- No refunds will be issued for early check-out.
- RV campsites: We allow full refunds for cancellations up to 2 days prior to your arrival date for daily and weekly reservations.
- Rental accommodations: We allow full refunds for cancellations 7 days prior to your arrival date for daily and weekly reservations.
- Daily and weekly reservations: For cancellations received less than the required notice period prior to arrival, your deposit will be forfeited up to one night rack rate.
- Extended stays: For long-term reservations (28 days or longer) we allow full refunds for cancellations up to 60 days prior to your arrival date. For cancellations received less than the required notice period prior to arrival, the deposit amount will be held on account for a future stay.
WiFi Availability & Associated Fees
The WiFi project for Drummer Boy is now underway. This includes park wide WiFi (will be a paid service) and 4 hotspots – Lincoln Hall, Arcade, Activity Pool, and Pavilion (complimentary to guests).
Campground Services & Information
- Honey Wagon: No Honey Wagon Service
- RV Storage: No storage available.
- Golf Carts Operation & Rental: Please visit the front office for more information on reserving a golf cart. In order to rent or drive golf cart, guests must be 21 or older with a valid driver's license. $25 Golf cart registration fee is collected at check-in. Guests are encouraged to reserve golf carts in advance. In order to obtain rental confirmation, guests must pay in full and reserve a minimum of two (2) days. Electric and gas carts are permitted. Proof of insurance is required.
- Propane: 20 lbs. $21.20; 30 lbs. $29.68; 40 lbs. $37.10
Waterslide Instructions & Regulations
- The waterslide can be exhilarating and intense. Please observe before you participate in this activity.
- This slide is not advised for beginning swimmers. Participants must be a minimum 48 inches tall.
- Participation in this ride is restricted to individuals free from physical limitations which include but may not be limited to: pregnancy, history of heart, back, neck and/or joint problems. Individuals with any of the above listed conditions should not ride the waterslide.
- Follow all safety directions given by lifeguards.
- Enter the launch area only after being instructed to do so by the lifeguard. While on the ride you must keep legs crossed at ankles, extended straight ahead and wait.
- Once the lifeguard instructs you to proceed, keep arms crossed in front of your chest, and legs crossed at ankles throughout the entire ride.
- Caution advised! Due to the slippery surface of this ride the following activities are prohibited: standing, horseplay, kneeling, or aggressive stunts.
- Do not attempt to use your hands and/or arms, legs and/or feet to control the speed of the ride.
- Each person must go down the slide individually.
- Any violation of the rules could result in injury, or your ride privileges may be revoked.